The Office of Ethics, Policy, and Compliance promotes and supports an academic and working environment that reflects the University’s commitment to maintaining the highest level of integrity and ethical standards in the conduct of its operations.
Our office serves to uphold the University's Standards of Ethical Conduct in all areas throughout the University, and we provide tools and resources to the University community to operate in an increasingly complex regulatory environment.
The University's culture is defined by its values and principles. University Policy 804, Standards of Ethical Conduct, is the cornerstone of the way we operate as a University. These standards set forth our expectations and serve as a guide for handling ethical and compliance situations day in and day out and address:
- Fair Dealing
- Individual Responsibility and Accountability
- Respect for Others
- Compliance with Applicable Laws, University Policies and Procedures, and Other Forms of Guidance
- Conflicts of Interest or Commitment
- Ethical Conduct of Research
- Records: Confidentiality/Privacy and Access
- Internal Controls
- Use of University Resources
- Financial Reporting
- Reporting Violations and Protection from Retaliation